It has been awhile since I posted on my blog here, and since I have to pay for the yearly hosting again soon…I figured I’d write something about what I’ve been up to and where this is going.
I’m currently not in real estate full time, which I am…for the most part okay with. I still participate in my team by taking the helm in all of our online marketing efforts. This includes content for our blog, and social campaigns, email marketing, as well as marketing strategies for both the team and our listings.
I have a 9-5 job, and do all the real estate marketing work “on the side,” which is really more like 6pm-2am. You know what? I love it. It is an incredible feeling to be in control of the fate of those efforts.
One thing I have to be honest with, I have done poorly in terms of taking the time to measure everything I should be regarding my team’s marketing efforts. Sure, I am able to look back and say “this piece of content generated X amount in transactions for us.” However, I have fallen short in measuring the specifics.
So what I’ve been doing lately is revamping how I approach this work, and how I can document the successes and failures. What I am going to do, is document all this work here on my personal blog. Which excites me to have something to look back at, and hopefully it can contain some valuable information for others to use.
I’ve been in a bit of a “watching,” mode lately, observing how the online marketing and social media landscapes are evolving. Trying to pay close attention to how various platforms are used, and rather than think “how can I sell on this?” I try to look at it as “How can we provide enormous value?”
Now, it is time to break out of “watching” mode, and break into ACTION mode!
I know my endeavor with all of this will be far from perfect, there are only so many hours in the day…and with the 9-5, my family…exhaustion can take its toll.
That’s all a part of the story though, right? Stories are what the fiber that binds people together. I have children, and I want this entire “Story,” to be something that enchants them even when they are adults.
I can’t wait to begin sharing and documenting what I am going to be working on. It’s going to be a lot of fun for me, and hopefully someone can gain some value from it.
With our real estate team, I have a lot of things I hope to accomplish soon.
- More Content Creation for our website/blog; to serve as a hub for our audience.
- More VIDEO in that content creation; just a matter of turning on that damn camera!
- With listings coming up, I hope to make some creative snapchat geo filters to make use of.
- We have taken back the helm of our email newsletter, no more company putting pasty articles and doing it for us. It’s time to truly provide something unique, local, and beneficial to those who were so generous to give us their email information.
- “Growth hack,” the team’s social media accounts. Audiences of today, are buyers/sellers of tomorrow.
- Very importantly, try and break the content “spray and pray” cycle on social media (Thx Tom Ferry).
- Pay even more attention to the analytics, and celebrate both successes and failures of our content, because no matter what we get to learn something.
Sorry this post doesn’t have an image, or anything fancy. I simply logged in and started writing. There’s a fire lit beneath my ass, and I am anxious to keep going and growing. Admittedly, I hope to translate all of this experience into a role with another company someday. So in order to next that next step, let’s rock and roll what is right here in front of me. 🙂